Health and Safety Policy
Cyprus Public Transport is one of the national bus operator responsible to operate all public transport services by bus in the regions of Nicosia, Larnaca, Limassol, Paphos and Paralimini. Our vision is to be the natural choice for people wanting to travel easily in the regions mentioned above by providing an excellent service.
The current Health and Safety Policy is part of the general policy of the company and is aligned with our vision and our Safety-First value. (is this relevant to CYP)
Our efforts are focused on the following:
- Safety comes first. Everyone’s safety is at the forefront of everything we do. It is our top priority.
- We provide safe and healthy working conditions, focusing our efforts on the prevention of work-related injury and ill health, the elimination of hazards and the promotion of Occupational Health and Safety.
- Leadership is the most critical success factor. We lead by example. We care about road safety. We support our local community and we build strong relationships with them.
- Our Management is motivated to implement a strong safety culture. Everyone is committed to improving safety.
- We offer services according to legal and contractual requirements. We have a commitment to comply with the law in all our activities.
- We build a positive, open and safe working environment respecting and appraising the diversity and personality that each person brings.
- We establish the necessary information channels to ensure effective internal and external communication.
- We encourage the consultation and participation of our people.
- We have a safe and reliable bus fleet that is environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible to all.
- We provide different training programs related to safety as part of the employees’ training and development.